Sunday, November 10, 2013

I Celebrate Myself

            When asked to define my identity, I often have trouble answering. So talking about how I celebrate that same identity that I myself don’t understand that well would seem pretty difficult. So to do so, I guess that I’ll have to define myself first.
            I see myself as a dreamer with high ambitions, but I can’t really say that I have any real talents or activities to do. I often find myself in my room thinking about what to do with my life, and end up spending quite a bit of time lying around doing nothing. From that alone, it’s hard to come up with something that I do to celebrate that person, the lazy good for nothing. But I notice that that boy changes quite a bit when he goes to school and spends time with his friends. I realize that care a lot for them, and can think of quite a good number of times where I’ve really done what I can to help them for the best. Such a contrasting character from my own norm has lead me to find something that I can proudly say that I celebrate about myself. That thing is spending my time with my friends and the people I care about. I can say this because I feel like I’m really doing something when I’m spending time with them. I’m achieving something when their by my side, and I think that that thing can be described as my own sense of self.

4 comments:

  1. I think that you chose an amazing way to identify yourself. You chose the people that make up your life and make your life worth living and fun, which is an admirable thing to do, instead of just listing qualities about yourself that you think are good. Great blog post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! Your post is unique and i like that you wrote about spending time with the people you care about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Friends are a great group of people to indirectly really help you learn about who you are, and help express and celebrate that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It seems that you celebrate yourself by celebrating with your friends. How does your self-identification relate to transcendentalism and it's ideas?

    ReplyDelete